Monday, October 8, 2012

Both

Ok, I'll admit it.  I talk to myself.  When I'm walking through the grocery store, just as an example, because it is by no means confined to there, I'll say things like, "well, this would be a good deal, but I could get it at ______ and get another 1.00 off this week."  I have even been called on it by Firecracker.  I'll be talking to myself about something or other and he'll say, "what'd you say, Mom?"  Poor kid, thinks I'm talking to him!

I think most of us Mommies can admit that we talk to ourselves some times.  And I've often heard it said that talking to yourself isn't the problem.  The problem comes when you ANSWER yourself.  Well, I don't even think that's when the problem arises.  At least in my highly professional opinion I don't.  

I do believe the problem arises when you start saying things like, "I think we can both agree that ________."  I caught myself doing this the other day, and I laughed out loud at myself.  When did I start going absolutely nutty?!  I'm going to trace it back to March 21, 2009 at about 7 pm.  That is the time Firecracker came into this world.  And subsequently I joined the Mommy club and learned the secret handshake.  And suddenly all the things other Mommies do that I thought were silly, became totally sane and understandable.

Hope you all have a great day!
Ms. T    

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment