Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Night Time Shenanigans

When Firecracker first moved from a crib to a big boy bed I held my breath.  I just knew he was going to be one of those kids that would get up in the middle of the night and paint the walls with peanut butter or shove 123,434,321 match box cars down the toilet etc.  Firecracker surprised both the Hubs and I by never getting up.  If I remember correctly he got up once or twice, but after that he was obedient and stayed in bed!  We were thrilled!!

Recently we came to an impasse with Firecracker.  He was constantly asking to go to the bathroom after he had been laid down for the night.  So we told him that he was allowed to get up and go to the bathroom, but that was it.

For about a month Firecracker would get up and go to the bathroom at night time without incident.  The Hubs and I were feeling pretty confident that we were going to be fine.  Yeah.... we thought too soon!

For several days now we have been catching Firecracker up at all hours of the night.  Not only has he been up he has been into all kinds of things!  Let's see the list includes, but is not limited to:
*putting bandaids all over himself
*using an entire roll of toilet paper and throwing it in the toilet
*using his tooth brush to clean the bathroom mirror (thank God it was the mirror and not the toilet!)
*unwinding 1/4 of a roll of floss and spreading it all across the bathroom.  Trust me you don't realize how much floss is in a container until your kid stretches it across the bathroom 2 or 3 times and there is still 3/4 of a roll left!
*getting into the pantry and eating snacks

Yep, and this is just the stuff we've CAUGHT him at.... Oh goodness.  The Hubs and I have become much more vigilant about making sure he's in bed when we go to bed and inflicting punishment when he's not in bed.  However, I can't help but wonder what has caused this boy, who nearly never ventured out of his bed at first to become the master of night time shenanigans?  I doubt I will ever figure this kid out!

Have a great day!
Ms. T


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment