Wednesday, May 29, 2013

2 People Every Parent Needs

I have come to the conclusion that every parent needs 2 people in their lives. 

1.  A wise elder who could help in sticky situations.  I'm blessed to have my Mama be this person for me.  Also, my "adopted grandmother" played a big part in this for me.  They have helped me gain perspective in those moments of parenting when you aren't sure that you're going to make it through your toddler's terrible twos.  They have helped me through many tear filled conversations walking me through the wisest way to handle the little person known as "Firecracker" in my house.  Without them I don't know what I would do.

2.  The second person every parent needs is another parent that is going through the same thing.  I have many friends with kids, but the ones I seem to identify closest with are those that have little boys about the same age as Firecracker.  I guess it's because it's nice to know that I'm not the only one that deals with crazy issues.  It's so great to be sitting there with another parent who is telling a story and you're thinking, "yep, I know EXACTLY what she's talking about!"  It makes you feel so much better.  

I'm sure there are more people parent's need in their lives, but I tell ya these two would be very, very hard to live without.

Hope you all have a great day!

Ms. T 

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment