Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A List

With tomorrow being Thanksgiving I thought I might write a small list of things that I'm thankful for.

* My Salvation- Jesus is my Lord and Savior.  He died for me, He has washed away my sins and has secured a place for me in Heaven.  I am unworthy, but He loves me anyway!

* My Family-  From my blood relatives to my in laws to my husband to my children I am so blessed!  I wouldn't trade one of them.  They are my rock and the reason I make it through the rough patches in life. 

* My Church- God has blessed us with an awesome church family.  We have people that we love and that love us that we never would have known without our church.  We love going to church, aside from Firecracker's protest about having to wear "church clothes" hahaha!  Aside from my actual family the people that I have met through the various churches I have attended in my life have become an awesome support system for me.  I know that when I seek advice from anyone of them I will be getting sound, biblical and loving advice.

* My home

* My air conditioner- This may sound silly, but trust me when you live in a place where the weather is over 90 degrees for a good portion of the year you are thankful for an air conditioner.

* My van- Recently my minivan was in the shop.  It was only supposed to take a day or two to fix, but the part missed getting out on the right truck etc. etc. so it took several days for it to get fixed.  And during those days I became more and more thankful for my van!

*The Hub's car- While my van was in the shop I had to use the Hub's car, because it was the only other vehicle we owned that could hold more than 2 passengers..... Well, aside from the 2nd love of the Hub's life.  Her name is Sally, and she's a beast.  She is a turbo charged mustang that literally whistles when you start her up.  (it's the sound the high powered turbo charger makes.  It makes the Hubs giddy with excitement)  And I'm not comfortable even thinking about driving her!  I'd be afraid I'd kill myself in it, or even worse wreck it and then the Hubs would kill me.  Either way I'd end up dead.  Not a good scenario.

* The fact that I get to be a stay at home Mama-  I am very aware that not every Mama gets the opportunity to stay home with her babies.  And while things are tight financially, I wouldn't trade one minute of this time.  I'm molding my babies into people.  I don't want to miss one second.  I love that when they fall down they come running to me and want me to kiss their boo boos.  I love that Firecracker says I'm his best friend.  I love that Sweet Pea giggles when I look at her funny.  I love that Firecracker knows most of "this little piggy" and attempts to do it to my toes.  I love that Sweet Pea wants to pick out her own shoes.  I love that Firecracker wants me to play cars with him.  And I could go on and on.  

I could go on and on and on about how very very blessed I am.  It seriously brings tears to my eyes.  I may not be the richest person in the world, but I've been blessed in spades.  

I hope you all have a great day!
Ms. T       

  

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment