Monday, October 22, 2012

Is It Halloween?

I don't normally tell Firecracker about exciting events that are coming up until they are one day away.  This is for my own personal sanity.  He gets so excited and then can't understand that we have to wait a week or two before _________ happens.  Another reason I do this is because life is uncertain.  I do not want to tell Firecracker we are going to do something in 2 weeks and then have something happen (good, bad or indifferent) that causes whatever we were planning to fall through.  It makes me look like a liar.  And I don't want my kid to think I don't keep my promises.

Anyway, I differed from my M.O. this time.  I brought home his Halloween costume and showed it to him.  He got soooo excited!  I told him for Halloween this year he's going to be Buzz Lightyear and his cousin, Big E is going to be Woody.  Firecracker was (and still is) so excited.  For days after wards he asked, "is it Halloween?"  And of course I had to tell him no.  That Halloween wouldn't be here for a long time, because to a 3 year old 2 weeks is a LONG time.

Now whenever we walk into a store and Firecracker sees Halloween decorations he gets all excited.  Thankfully he's not asking every single day anymore if it's Halloween yet.  My sweet boyWe will all be excited when Halloween really is here ;).

Hope you have a great day!
Ms. T  


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment