Monday, December 29, 2014

Almost Hair Fire

Everyone has had at least one day where they're running behind and something goes wrong.  In some cases comically wrong.  Welcome to my life.  It seems like I'm always running behind (aka late) .  On the rare occasion that I'm doing well time wise something ridiculous happens to throw me off.  Example:

The other morning I was doing peachy keen time wise.  I was proud of myself.  All I needed to do was dry my hair and the kids and I were ready to head out the door.  We still had like 20 minutes before we had to leave and it usually takes me somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes to dry my hair, depending on how fancy I want to be.  

The kids, all ready to go, were sitting in the living room watching some t.v. and I ran into my room to do my hair.  As I'm blow drying a flicker caught my attention.  I look more closely (through the mirror) and it went off again.  My hair dryer was shooting sparks!!  Holy cowbells!!  Thank the Lord I wasn't holding it super close.  Ugh, I do NOT need my hair to catch fire.  I'm no Katniss, she is the girl on fire, I however am a housewife that needs to have all my hair. (ok, so technically, Katniss' hair didn't catch fire, but still it made for a good Hunger Games reference ;).

Needless to say, I ended up being late, because I had to drag out my straightening iron, let it heat up and then use it to dry/ do my hair.  It's actually a great little do-dad that is called a wet to straight hair straightener.  You can use it on wet hair thereby eliminating the need to dry your hair first.  Because, really, who has time to add that many steps to their morning routine?

For real, though, I've got to stop patting myself on the back for doing so well, until I reach my destination.  Because next time something else will go wrong... Sometimes I wish Murphy would just leave me alone!! (Murphy's law, just in case ya'll don't get my point)

Have a great day!
Ms. T


 

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment