Friday, July 6, 2012

5 Question Friday

Good Morning, or Afternoon, or Evening (whatever time you choose to read this)!  Ok on second thought that was a way too long greeting, but since it’s already there, I’m going with it. =)  I hope all of your 4th of Julys went as wonderfully as ours did.  It was relaxing and fun.  And now my days are all messed up, because we aren’t supposed to have a day off in the middle of the week…. So my schedule is wacked, but in a good way, so any other time the Hub’s bosses wanna give him a day off in the middle of the week, I’d be down with it ;). 
Ok, so enough with the chit chat, let’s get down to the 5 question Friday fun!  Once again thanks to Mama M. for letting me link up!
1. Is love at 1st sight possible?
    It is possible, but not favorable.  Often you are attracted to someone’s looks, but too often their character isn’t as charming as their looks.  And, my friends, looks fade, but the other’s character you’ll be stuck with. 
     I will say I have met couples that have had the love at 1st sight happen to them, and they are happy and have been married for years.  But they are often the exception, not the rule.

2. How did you choose your pet's name?
     This one is easy peasy.  We have no pet.  Yes, you heard me right NO pet. The Hubs would love to have a pet, but I feel I have enough poop to clean up without an animal.  Thankyouverymuch!  Maybe, and I stress MAYBE, when the Firecracker gets to be 6 or 7 we can talk about getting a pet.  As for now, I’m sticking to my guns.

3. What are you considering giving up (cable, home phone)?
     We have been talking about giving up our cable and getting Netflix or Amazon Prime.  We’re talking about it seriously.  Once we make a decision I will let you know if we follow through.  I will say it’s uber tempting to be out from under that bill……

4. How much do you pay your babysitter?
     NADA.  We have a delightful arrangement with my in laws, the Hub’s brother and his wife.  They go out one Saturday night and we watch their kids, and then we go out a different night and they watch ours.  It’s fabulous!  And if we need a babysitter other times we have my parents nearby.  (Which is SOOOO wondermous!)

5. How "young" is old enough to babysit?
     This is a question that causes much debate in our house.  You see the world was a different place when the Hubs and I grew up.  We both were babysitting by the age of 12.  Personally now that I have children of my own I look back and think, “What were they thinking leaving their kids alone with a 12 year old?!” Granted, the Hubs and I were mature for our age, but still I couldn’t bring myself to leave my kid with someone that young.  We have a good friend that has a daughter that is 14 and she has stayed with the kids a few times when I had errands to run.  So I guess my answer to that would be 14.  Gosh, that was a looong round about way of giving an answer wasn’t it?! =)
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Ms. T


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment