Monday, June 16, 2014

The Beach

I have a true love for the beach.  I have many memories of going to the beach as a kid.  Every one of those memories is a happy one.  (With the exception of the time a seagull swooped down and bit my finger and took my chicken wing!)  

With as busy as life has been lately it has been a long time since our last beach trip.  It's a true disservice to my kiddos!  They need to have fond memories too.  I know you can make good memories other places too, but when you have such wonderful memories at the beach and a beach within driving distance why wouldn't you want to take them?

It had gotten to the point that I was missing the beach.  Like I would miss a friend.  I missed the smells, the suntan lotion, the sea breeze, the sound of the seagulls, the feel of the water, the softness of the sand beneath my toes.  All the wonderful things that come wrapped up in a pretty beach package.

So on the 5th Ms. L, my bestie in case you forgot, and Ms. S, another one of my "inner circle", and I went to the beach with our horde of children in tow!  (Ms. S has 5 kids and had brought her brother's 3 kids with her! Brave woman!  Ms. L and I each had 2.  So we had a total of 12 kids with us!)  We had such a good time.  We swam, laughed, let the kids play in the sand and made a day of it.  

Did that one trip cure me of my beach need?  Nope!  It only served to remind me how great the beach is and how much time I want to spend there!  I foresee many more beach trips this summer!

Have a great day!
 Ms. T




* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment