Friday, June 13, 2014

Good Kids

The other day I needed to shower and both Sweet pea and Firecracker were up.  When left unattended they can be rascals.  So I turned a show on T.V. and assigned each of them a couch.  I then told them they were not to get off the couch for ANY reason before I came out of the bathroom. (I gave them both a potty break before we started this).  I was in the shower/ getting dressed for about 20 minutes or so.  When I came out guess what I saw.  That's right! 2 kiddos sitting on their couches watching the show I'd turned on.  

Then the same day, I was watching my 2 nephews, E and N, along with Firecracker and Sweet pea.  It was nap time and I needed to put my 2 into bed, then take E and N to their house. (The Hubs was home, but he was sleeping, so he didn't help with nap time).

I really needed to get the kids in bed quickly, so I rushed them through the pre-nap steps (ie potty, hand washing, putting a pull up on Sweet pea etc) and told them to get in their beds.  I gave them kisses and told them to stay in their beds and go to sleep.

After laying them down, E, N and I left.  I didn't have to worry that my munchkins would get up and tear down the house while I was gone and the Hubs was sleeping.  I knew they would stay in their beds and sleep.  As I was driving away it dawned on me that not all children are that well behaved.  Now, I'm not saying that my kids are angels.  They're far from it, but it is amazing to me that I didn't have to worry at all about them during either instance.  

Thank you, Lord, for giving me good kids.  I love them to pieces, and I know I have so far to go in this game we call parent hood, but thank you for these small glimpses into how wonderful my little people are and can be.

Have a great day!
Ms. T 




* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment