Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Problem Solving Skills (repost)

The other day I was re reading some old posts of mine ( I enjoy going back through and reading about my munchkins in the past.  It is like their baby book.).  I came across this one and thought I should share it again.  =)


The other day Firecracker was playing in the play room (which the kitchen looks into through a window).  I didn't think anything about it.  He spends a lot of time in there.  

Well, all the sudden Firecracker starts calling to me.  I turn around and I can see his head and shoulders (now mind you, usually through the window I can only see from his eyes up).  Curious,  I walk into the play room to see what he's standing on.  Sure enough he has the toy box (which is nothing more than one of those big plastic bins you buy from Walmart for 7 or 8 bucks) turned over and he's standing on it.

As soon as I realize Firecracker was not going to kill himself, I assessed the situation.  The football he had been playing with was stuck on top of the little tikes play house we have in the play room.  So Firecracker decided to turn the toy box over, stand on it and use a hoe (it came as part of a plastic garden set for outside a shovel, a rake etc.  It just never made it outside.) to reach the football to get it down.  

Now you may be asking yourself, was she upset by what Firecracker had done?   Nope, and he didn't get in trouble at all.  I was actually impressed that he 1. figured out a way to do it himself.  2. Took the initiative to actually do it and 3. didn't kill himself trying!  I applauded him for figuring it out by himself.  I mean really isn't that what we as parents are trying to teach our kids?  We want them to be independent people and do things for themselves.  

In short, my boy made me proud!

I hope you all have a great day!
Ms. T
 


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment