Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Proud

Most of y'all know that I volunteer at Firecracker's school 2 days a week.  I work with the Senior High students.  I enjoy them.  They're a crazy lot, which suits me wonderfully, because I'm just a big bag of crazy waiting to surprise some unexpecting passerby that dares have a conversation with me.

Anyway, last week a few of the kids went to a competition.  They competed in every thing from archery to running to photography to spelling etc.  I was able to attend one day of the competition and got to watch all of them perform in some manner.  It was great and I was so proud of "my kids".  

Friday, we took all the Senior High students that didn't go to the competition to watch the awards ceremony and cheer on their peers.  I LOVED it.  Every one of "my kids" placed in at least 2 of their events!  I couldn't have been more proud of them.  Here are some pictures I took of the goof balls after they got their awards. 

The one half way serious one I got of the group and I cut out one of the girls!  Sorry, V!

And .4 seconds after I shot the first one this happened

As you can see it just went down hill from there


I was attempting to take individual shots, but they kept photo bombing!
Well, there is V, but Mags photo bombed her....



Or making ridiculous faces

Or pretending they were the President

 

 Some might think the kids were just "high on excitement" from winning their awards.  But do not be deceived!  This is the way they are all the time and to be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way.  They are a good bunch of kids and I love them all.  I may joke around with them and call them "hooligans" or "nerd faces" etc. but they also know I love them, because I tell them and I tell them how proud I am of them.  I don't think I could've been more proud.  

When I was in high school I attended these types of conventions also, and I loved going, having fun and of course winning awards.  Honestly though, I think I enjoyed watching the kids and reveling in their successes more than I enjoyed my own achievements.

Mike, Douglas, Diego, Gio, V, Mags, Ethan, if any of y'all are reading this, I LOVE YOU and I'm proud of you, you losers :).

Have a great day!
Ms. T


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment