Friday, April 19, 2013

Facts

I have found that there are a few facts in life (notice I said facts IN life, not facts OF life.  That would be a whole different thing... just sayin') that are universally true. 

1.  Drinks always taste better from other people's cups (example: the Hubs leaves his glass of tea on the counter and I happen to drink it.  It ALWAYS tastes better than me making one for myself ;)

2.  Children will always want what the other kid has.  No matter how many cool toys they have of their own, they want that other toy.  (I'm not suggesting here that kids will act horribly, because they don't get the toy.  I'm just sayin' it happens.  Heck, we as full grown adults do it often as well.)

3.  Mothers put more food on their child's plate than they expect them to eat.  We do this for 2 reasons:  1.  We hope they will actually eat it.  2.  We expect there to be negotiations.  Ie. Child: "Mom, I don't want to eat this."  Mom: "You don't have to eat it all, just take 3 bites."  Yep, we're a sneaky lot we are ;).  And yes, I'm posting this boldly, because my children cannot read yet, and therefore my secret will still be safe.  And if any of you tell them I'll hunt you down!! ;)

4.  Kids in the back seat will always fight.  You see when I was a kid we had cars, not vans.  And there were 6 of us in the family.  Which meant 3 in the front seat and 3 in the back seat.  Yes, that was a tight fit.  Now imagine that on a 24 hour road trip.  NOT COMFY.  However, I have fond memories of these trips even though we were crammed in like sardines.  
     All that to say that I always thought that if we had been spaced out a little more we would have fought less.  However, having witnessed other people's children and my own now in larger vehicles, I'm convinced kids in the back seat will always find something to fight about.  Even if the fight isn't over who's crossing the "invisible line".

Feel free to comment and let me know any facts that I might have forgotten ;).  I know there have to be more.

Hope you have a great weekend!
Ms. T      


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment