Thursday, March 28, 2013

True Friends

True friends are some of God's greatest gifts to us.  A true friend is one that you can call at 3 am to tell them you won 2.00 on a scratch off ticket and they won't actually get out of bed and drive the 15 miles to your house and wait outside til you fall asleep just to murder you, because if you weren't asleep you might put up too much of a fight and ruin their new manicure they won't want to kill you.  Or you can tell them that you haven't mopped your floors in a month and they still love you.  Or you can tell them you've gone certifiably nutty and can't handle your kids for one more minute and they will come and help you for the day.

I have been told that if you have one or two true friends in this world then you're blessed.  I count myself among the blessed.  I am thankful for those friends that even though you haven't seen them in 98,767,556 months (or sometimes it just feels that long) you can still sit down and have a conversation as if you'd just seen them yesterday.

I hope all of you are just as blessed as I am.  The Bible says, "A man that hath friends must show himself friendly" (Proverbs 18:24 a).  Thankfully, true friends will still love you even when you're not always loveable.     

Hope you all have a great, friend filled day! 

Ms. T

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely thankful for my good friends. They are few, and I feel incredibly blessed to count you as one of them. I love ya!

    ReplyDelete