Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Strong

Have you ever met some one that you just know is strong?  (I'm not talking "pick up a car" strong, I'm talking "can handle anything you throw at them and make it look easy" strong.)  These people just mystify me.  I'll admit I'm more than a little jealous of their abilities.  However, I realize that is a total double edged sword. Because people that are that strong are strong for a reason.  In many cases they are strong for LOTS of reasons.  And I don't want that many things thrown at me.  Just as I'm sure they didn't want that stuff thrown at them, but they deal with it beautifully.

Anyway, I have a handful of these type of people in my life, and they never cease to amaze me.  They are all completely different from each other, however, they all have their amazing strength in common.  And more than once they have (separately, not together) helped me when I was too weak to do it on my own.  They have shown me their love, their loyalty, their amazingness and best of all they have shown me their own weaknesses.  

They have allowed me to help them when they needed it.  And this trait is strength in and of itself.  By allowing me to see this side of them, they are reaffirming to me that there is no "super woman".  We are all flawed just in different ways.  

The funny thing is I would conclude this post with something like: "My strong friends, you know who you are, I love you and I thank you."  But none of them think of themselves as truly strong.  At least not like I do.  That too is one of their strengths, they are humble.  So, gosh darnit, Friends, stop showing us all up!!!!  Haha!  

I hope you all have a great day!
Ms. T
       


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment