Friday, September 21, 2012

5 Question Friday!

Good Morning, Friends!  It’s the last day of work before the weekend!  Yippee!!  Let’s get this party started.  Once again thanks to Mama M. for letting us link up!  Alrighty, here we go.


1. What is one grammar issue you cannot let go without correction?
     Well, see my Mama is an English teacher.  So growing up we all corrected each other’s grammar.  It was almost a game.  Even when my friends would come over they would jump right in laughing along with the rest of us. It wasn’t til my older brother started dating my now sister in law that I realized not everyone thinks it’s a fun game…..  So the answer to this question is: I notice almost all improper grammar usage, but I try to hold my tongue.
 
2. What's your favorite thing about fall?

     The temperatures has to be my favorite thing about fall.  Where we live it’s hot most of the year.  And while I’m not going to complain, because I’d much rather sweat than have to shovel snow, the fall weather is a nice change up =). 

3. What's your favorite dish to take to a potluck?

     I don’t have a “favorite” dish that I take to a pot luck.  You see I’m in famous for being able to cook a dish at home and it turn out great, and then I make it to take to a pot luck and it is horrible.  So much so that I have to stop on the way and pick up something from the store.  Is it performance anxiety?  Or is it just bad luck?  I don’t know, but it’s obnoxious!!!  I guess my answer to this question is, whatever the store has on sale…

4. When do you start Christmas (Holiday) shopping?

     The day after Christmas.  The Hubs and I have a big family and though we don’t buy for all the adults (we do a name exchange), we do buy for all the kiddos.  And I love to do it, but it gets expensive.  So I shop all year round picking up things from clearance racks.  I do buy some things in the month of December, but I usually have the majority of my shopping done by early November at the latest.

5. Did you move homes a lot growing up?
    Nope.  Before I was 7 we moved a few times, but then we moved to my home town and lived there for 17 years.  (The Hubs and I currently reside in the area and thankfully, my Mama and Daddy just moved back =).  I’m so grateful that my parents kept us in one place so we could go to the same school, and keep friends and all the other advantages with staying in one spot.

I hope you all have a great weekend!
Ms. T 
 


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

2 comments:

  1. stopping by from 5QF, good idea to start shopping right after Christmas...see that's smart and something I need to start doing.

    I am only allowed to select a google profile but my blog is on wordpress http://www.dinoheromommy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have stopped at the grocery store for a potluck dish if I am in a rush. They make good vegetable trays.

    ReplyDelete