Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Stability

My parents have been married for 41 years as of today.  Holy cow bells!  Do you realize that the typical length of marriages in the U.S. is only 8.2 years?  My parents have been together roughly five times the national average!  That is crazy.  Crazy awesome!  I'm so thankful for them and their love for one another.  

My siblings and I used to give them a hard time about their "Public Displays of Affection" (Aka PDA), but honestly, I'm thankful for it.  I've always known that they loved each other and I've always known that I was loved.  In this crazy, world where you can't count on anything except change and uncertainty I can count on my parents and their love, not only their love for each other, but also their love for our family. I ache for those that have never experienced this kind of stability and security.  

Thank you, God, for my parents!  And thank you, Mom and Dad, for your love and commitment to each other.

Have a great day!
Ms. T 




* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment