Friday, July 27, 2012

5 Question Friday

Good Morning, ya'll!  Ms. L here! That's right, I am back in the world of internet connectivity! Ms. T has a lot on her plate this morning, so I said I would cover 5 ? Friday!  As always, we say a big thanks to Mama M. for letting us link up.


1. What is the funniest thing you saw on Facebook/twitter this week?


Oh, well I am actually kind of cheating on this one.  I found this on Pinterest.  Pintester - It is this hilarious chick that tests all the things she sees on Pinterest and royally butchers them in the process.  It is a humor blog, so don't think that your pin-tests would come out quite like hers, but it is definitely funny.  Warning: This website contains some not-so-nice language, so proceed with caution!


2. What is your favorite Olympic event?
I really love all things Gymnastics. Especially the pictures you see afterwards of all the rhythmic gymnasts where it looks like they have no heads.  That's right.  Google "Headless rhythmic gymnastics" and look at the images.  Crazy, right?  Oh, and Volleyball. 


3. Do your kids to chores around the house? If so, what are they and how old are the children? Do they get paid for them?
My kids actually do chores.  The Boy is 8 and he makes his bed, cleans his room, and helps take out the garbage.  The Little Miss just turned 4, and she makes her bed, helps clean her room, and loves to help wash clothes and sweep.  They do earn money, but we use the Financial Peace Jr. Method, so the amount varies depending on the chore.  They also have financial consequences for not doing their chores.


4. If you get bad service/food do you complain or keep quiet?
It has to be really bad for me to say something, because I used to be a server at the Cracker Barrel in college.  I did recently have a rather bad experience where we did have to say something.  Everyone in the entire dining room, even the ones that arrived and ordered after we did, had gotten their food and finished eating, and we still didn't have our breakfast.  After speaking to a manager, we discovered that our ticket had been thrown away.  We had to completely re-order our food an hour after the first order.  After the mistake was discovered we received great service, and they picked up the tab!


5. If you could pick ONE frivolous item for your home, what would it be? (massive room sized closet? swimming pool? greenhouse? etc...)
   Solar panels.  I am incredibly frugal with our electricity, because I hate not knowing what our bill might be at the end of the month.  I would love to be able to do away with that bill altogether, and open that money up for my true addiction - vintage furniture!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Ms. L


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Ms. L. for helping me out! You're such an awesome chick =). Also, solar panels are a great one! I think I'd have to add another bedroom with solar panels on it's roof. Does that count? ;)

    ReplyDelete