Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Own/ Disown

I have people in my family, that are not related by blood, nor are they married to an actual sibling.  However, we call them family.  Their kids call me Aunt and my kids call them Aunt/ Uncle (depending on the gender obviously :).  

I have had someone tell me that they're not really my family.  We can be close, but we cannot/ should not refer to them as actual family.  I say BULL CRAP!!!  I have and will always refer to them as family.  If some families can "disown" their children for one reason or another, then I can "own" my own family.  

So, never again tell me those whom I call family aren't my family.  Because THEY ARE! (impassioned rant over)

Have a great day!
Ms. T 


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment