Thursday, January 2, 2014

Holiday Hangover

About this time of year I suffer a major holiday hangover.  From mid October all the way through the end of the year we have some kind of holiday-ish activity planned.  It's always super fun.  There is something to look forward to around every bend.  Therefore, when the first of the year rolls around I'm wiped out, and a little sad.

I'm not sad because I had a bad Christmas, Birthday or New years or anything like that. Quite the opposite.  I LOVE the holidays.  When the first of November rolls around I'm chomping at the bit to put the Christmas decorations out.  (However, I've been trained from a young age the Christmas decor doesn't go up a day before Thanksgiving.)  I revel in the Christmas season.  I love the weather, the joy, the reason we celebrate, I love the music, the decorations, how sweet people are during this time of year etc. 

When it's time to box up the Christmas decorations I get a little sad.  It's like I'm saying good bye to a good friend.  A friend I won't be able to see again for 11 months.  And now you understand what a holiday hangover is  ;).

Have a great New Year!
Ms. T  




* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment