Wednesday, October 5, 2011

358

I went to the Doctor’s office yesterday.  I had done all my preliminaries (weight check etc.) and was waiting for the Doctor.  In walks the Doc. with my chart.  She talked with me for a few minutes and then stopped asked me to wait a minute and then she left the room.  After waiting a bit longer, Doc. came back in the room and said, “Sorry, but it would be in your best interest if we didn’t see you today.”  (No, I’m not making this up.  I’m not that creative!)

To which I responded, “huh?”  I mean come on!  I’d already dropped Firecracker off with my fabulous Sister In Law so that I’d have one fewer kid in tow.  I’d already done all the waiting and all of my preliminaries.  What was the hold up you ask.  Well, that’s a great question, one that was rattling around inside my brain too. 

The answer to this question 358.  This is the number of days that it had been since my last physical.  I did not know this prior to this morning’s unproductive doctor visit, but my insurance will only pay for one physical a year.  Well, actually they have to be spaced out at least 366 days apart.  That’s right my friends, one year and one day.  And I was exactly 8 days early.

I was very grateful that my Doctor was paying attention (I mean so much so that I wanted to hug her) so that I didn’t have to shell out the 150.00 payment, because I was 8 days early!  So after I’ve waited my appropriate time frame, I will be dropping Firecracker off with my fabulous Sis In Law once more, waiting again and having to step onto that darn scale once again etc…… Now I know, and next year I’ll just wait until the month after so I’ll be sure to have met the 366 day requirement. 

See you really do learn something new every day!  (Well, at least I did yesterday ;)
Ms. T

No comments:

Post a Comment