Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Cabinet Climbing

A few posts ago I promised you some stories about my children's crazy antics.  Hold onto your horses, because here is a doozy.

The kids and I were at the school.  I was finishing up my teacherly duties for the day.  Firecracker went into a room where we keep a supply cabinet.  He was in there for awhile, but I didn't really think anything about it.  All the sudden I heard a loud CRASH.  I panicked thinking he had somehow pulled the large cabinet onto himself.  

When I opened the door I realized he was fine, he had only knocked a container off the wall.  I asked him what he was doing that he knocked the container off the wall.  He didn't reply, so I asked him again.  Finally, he opened his mouth and showed me the remnants of a piece of chocolate candy.  I was flabbergasted, because the only chocolate candy in that room was on top of the 7 ft tall cabinet!!  

Obviously, my little stinker climbed up, grabbed the box, snagged himself a chocolate and then managed to knock the container off the wall on the way down.  I scolded him big time, made him spit out the candy and then apologize to the principal, who happens to be my mother, for stealing.  He got into big trouble at home too, because even though it was just a candy, it was still stealing and that's NOT acceptable behavior no matter how small the item.

Now that the whole thing is months behind us, my family (the adults anyway) has a good chuckle at the incident.  At the time however, it took me a long time to get my panicked mommy heart to calm down, because Firecracker could have killed himself!

Have a great day!
Ms. T 

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment