Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Retelling Sunday School Lessons

 On the way home from church on Sundays, I ask the kids what they learned in Sunday School.  Firecracker's answer this week was quite interesting.  This was our conversation: 

Firecracker: "Well, I don't remember the names, but we learned about two 'humans' and their kids died."

Me: "Ummm... ok, how did the kids die?" (hoping there would be some sort of clue as to what the heck he was talking about)

F: "I don't know, the story didn't say."

M: Flabbergasted, finally I asked him if he had a paper from Sunday School I could look at.  Firecracker passed his paper up and once I read it I realized what story he was talking about.
    
 It was the story of Ruth.  At the very beginning of the story Naomi and her husband, Elimilech, move from Jerusalem to Moab with their 2 sons.  The sons each marry a Moabitess and after awhile Elimilech and the 2 sons die.  Naomi decides to return to Jerusalem and Ruth goes with her.

     This is the story Firecracker was referring to.  I cracked up laughing so hard.  What Firecracker took away from that lesson was that two 'humans' kids died.  What a boy!  I asked him questions to see if he learned any of the other parts of the lesson, and sure enough he knew the answers.  It's so funny what sticks in kids brains.

Have a great day!
Ms. T 





* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment