Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Turtle's Sense of Direction?

A few months ago, my older sister, Ree, my older brother, Mr. Pickles, his wife, our kids and I drove (not all of us were in the same vehicle.  Mr pickle and his crew drove separately.) a few hours north to meet my younger brother, Ham, his wife and kids at a mutual destination.  Ham and his family live very far from us, so when he was 6 hours away we drove 3 and he drove 3 to meet.

We all met at a park and let the kids run and play for awhile. After awhile we decided to leave and go get some dinner.  We were in a town that I didn't know how to get around in and I have a TERRIBLE sense of direction.  I was planning on following my brothers.  However, they got out of the parking lot before I did and I didn't see which way they had turned.  Before we got in the cars we had decided upon a place to eat and Mr. Pickles had commented how easy it was to get there.  Because of this I had figured I could at least deduce which direction they went and catch up to them.

I made a turn as I was calling Mr. Pickles. Once I told him where I was he told me I had turned the wrong direction. *Shocker* I was frustrated and ranted to my sister about my awful sense of direction.  This is the conversation that followed.

Me: See I have the stinkin' sense of direction of a turtle!
Ree: Umm I didn't know that turtles had a bad sense of direction?
M: Oh, well, I really don't know if they have a bad sense of direction, but it seems that the would.
Ree: Uh, ooookkaaaayyy?
M: Well, look at them.  They don't seem like they'd know where they were going.  They always seem to get into the worst predicaments.
Ree: I guess that is true.


Mind you this conversation was uttered around mouthfuls of giggles.

Have a great day!
Ms. T  




* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment