Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Whoa Nelly

While I was teaching, I took the kids on a field trip to a children's science museum.  Sweet pea went on the field trip with us, because I thought she'd enjoy it.  The museum has a whole section that is a hands on kid's section.  The kids can run, play and learn all at the same time.  

I was standing watching Sweet pea play and kid I did not know came up to where Sweet pea was playing and threw a ball hard into her section.  I said, "whoa nelly!  You don't need to play that way, sir.  Play nicely please."  Unbeknownst to me one of the girls in my class was standing close by.  She came up and asked, "you know him?"  I said, "no, don't know that boy."  She looked at me funny and then said, "but you called him Nelly."  Hahaha!  Apparently, she has never heard anyone say "Whoa Nelly" before!  

Have a great day!
Ms. T

P.s. in case you are unfamiliar with the term "Whoa Nelly", it is just a statement of surprise.  Kind of like, "Holy Cow!" 


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment