Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Lapse in Judgement

Ok, this story requires a little "back story" first.  Firecracker still gets rewarded with "candy" when he goes # 2 on the potty (I'm sorry if this is more information than you want to know, but I promise it's all relevant to the story!).  Only the candy has been switched from M&Ms to his gummy vitamins.  And for some reason he almost always ends up needing to be rewarded right before nap time- if you get my drift.  Ok, uncomfortable back story is done and you can all take a sigh of relief.

Normally when he gets his "candy" I make sure he's chewed it up and swallowed it before he lays down for his nap.  Well, the other day I was busy and distracted so I forgot to take this extra step. I guess I just assumed he would be fine with it.

After about 10 minutes of him being in his bed, I heard him crying and calling for me.  I raced in there only to find that he had taken his gummy out of his mouth and stuffed it into a part of his toy car that folds up..... (p.s. I may be a softie of a Mama, but he is allowed to bring one toy to bed with him, almost always) You can imagine how thrilled I was about this.  (heavily sarcastic tone intended here)

I did not over react (which I was proud of myself for =).  I took the car away and told him he couldn't have a toy since now this one was all messed up.  I stepped outside of the room and laughed!  Oh goodness!  The things little people come up with! Hahahaha!  The Hubs was able to clean out the gummy from the car using a small screw driver, and the car is no worse for the wear.

Let's just say, I will not be forgetting to make him swallow his gummy before he lays down for nap for a long time!!!

Hope you have a great day!

Ms. T




* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment