Thursday, July 7, 2016

Punch A Duck

I have this weird saying.  When something goes wrong instead of saying something like, "oh stink!"  I say, "punch a duck!"  I know I'm weird.  

Anyway, the other day the kids and I were in Rural King (it is kinda like a Walmart for people with animals). They have a section in the store where they have chicks, ducks and rabbits for sale.  I was looking at some things near that section and the kids were enjoying looking at the little animals.

My phone started ringing and I reached to pull it out of my purse.  It slipped out of my fingers and fell to the floor.  Out of reflex I exclaimed, "Oh, PUNCH A DUCK!"  Without missing a beat, Firecracker responded, "But Mom, the sign says we aren't supposed to touch them." (Like he always obeys when I tell him to punch a duck *yeah right*) When I looked up there were about 7 or 8 people staring at me.  So then like any rational person (sarcasm) I start rambling about how I'm not really an animal abuser and it's just an expression I use and that I know I'm weird.

I'm pretty sure after that episode they wouldn't have let me buy a duck (or chick for that matter), and I can't say I'd blame them.  Thankfully, that wasn't why we were there.

Have a great day!
Ms. T   




* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment