Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Commercials

We do not have cable.  We have had only Netflix for several years now.  It's a billion times cheaper than cable.  Anyway, the kids aren't really ever exposed to commercials.  Even when we are at my parent's house and they watch t.v. the shows they watch have been pre-recorded so they just fast forward through the commercials.

The other week we were at my parent's and the Hubs and I had a show on that was "live t.v." (in other words not pre-recorded).  When the commercials came on the kids looked at us expectantly.  When we told them we couldn't fast forward it they were really confused.  It had never dawned on me that they have never understood the whole, "have to wait for the commercials to be over in order to watch the show again" situation.  

Along with this thought I came to the realization that my kids will never know the whole, "hold it until the commercial comes on, run to the bathroom and then hope you get back to the living room before the show comes back on so that I don't miss anything." situation either.  What are we robbing this generation of?! ;)

Have a great day!
Ms. T 




* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment